A stunning stone built period property which dates back to the 1780's. This charming home has been fully renovated to a high standard and has a modern feel with character and original features.
Accommodation comprises entrance hall with deep skirting boards and original doors leading to the sitting with a fireplace and dual aspect open plan kitchen / dining room with stylish fitted kitchen area to include a large central island. There is a utility room and WC plus a good sized cellar.
To the first floor there are four double bedrooms and a lovely family bathroom.
Outside there is a secluded rear courtyard. To the front is off road parking beyond a five bar garden and lawn area. EPC Rating TBC - Council Tax Band: D
Entrance via timber door with obscure glazed insert. Traditional radiator. Original coving to ceiling. Deep skirting boards. Ceiling roses. Stone floor. Stairs rising to first floor landing. Doors to:
4.11m (13'6) x 5.18m (17'0)
Sash windows to front and rear elevations. Two Victorian vintage radiators. Original coving to ceiling. Picture rails. Wood burning stove with stone surround. Deep skirting boards.
4.17m (13'8) x 4.72m (15'6)
Sash window to side elevation. Traditional style radiator. Fitted with a range of wall, base an drawer units with wooden work surfaces over. Built in wine rack, oven, grill, hob and extractor canopy over. Butler sink unit with mixer tap over. Built in dishwasher. American style fridge/freezer. Tiled splash backs. Original coving to ceiling. Spotlights. Deep skirting boards.
4.04m (13'3) x 5.21m (17'1)
Sash windows to front elevation. Original coving to ceiling. Picture rail. Wood burning stove with stone surround. Ceiling rose. Deep skirting boards.
1.83m (6'0) x 2.26m (7'5)
Obscure glazed sash window to side elevation. Traditional style radiator. Original Quarry tiled floor. Suite comprises low level WC, original wall mounted wash hand basin. Spot lights. Extractor fan.
1.88m (6'2) x 2.16m (7'1)
Obscure glazed sash window to side elevation. Traditional style radiator. Butler sink unit. Space for white goods. Tiling to splash back area. Extractor fan.
Window to rear elevation. Half glazed door to side elevation.
Large cellar divided into three separate areas.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING
Sash window to rear elevation. Traditional radiator. Original coving to ceiling and ceiling rose. Deep skirting boards. Doors to:
4.17m (13'8) x 5.08m (16'8)
Sash windows to front and rear elevations. Two traditional style radiators. Coving to ceiling. Ceiling rose. Deep skirting boards.
3.81m (12'6) x 4.75m (15'7)
Sash window to side elevation. Traditional style radiator. Deep skirting boards. Coving.
4.06m (13'4) x 3.48m (11'5)
Sash window to front elevation. Traditional style radiator. Coving to ceiling. Deep skirting boards.
3.05m (10'0) x 2.95m (9'8)
Sash window to front elevation. Traditional style radiator. Coving to ceiling. Loft hatch. Deep skirting boards.
Two obscure glazed sash windows to side elevation. Traditional radiator. Chrome heated towel rail. Suite comprising Double shower cubicle with sliding doors and electric shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, claw foot roll top bath with shower mixer tap and low level WC. Spotlights. Tiled floor. Tiled splash backs. Recessed spotlights. Extractor fan.
Driveway beyond a five bar gate allowing off road parking. Remainder of garden is laid to lawn with stone steps leading to front entrance.
Fully enclosed paved terrace. Ideal for entertaining.
At the time of print, these particulars are awaiting approval from the Vendor(s).
History of this property provided by the current owners. The property which was built in the late 1700’s was know back then a Little Billing Lodge and was under the Parish of Little Billing. The property didn’t become know as Billing Arbours Farmhouse until 1900. There were various farmers who lived here as Tenants of John Harvey Thursday where they worked the land, having cattle, sheep, horses the woodland opposite was known as Little Billing Arbours and was owned by the Farm in total the farm comprised of 316 Acres. Lady Wantage inherited the estate in 1883 she was the daughter of Baron Overstone, she sold the farm in 1918 it was then known as Thorplands and Billing Arbours Farm. Various other farmers lived here including in 1970 John Howard Mackaness and Charles Alfred Mackaness who owned Billing Aquadrome, they then went on to sell it in to Northampton Development Corporation who were responsible for the building of the Eastern District, they then sold to Northampton Borough Council in 2011 and we then brought the property in June 2014 and the rest is history.
The Corner House
1 St Giles Square
Telephone: 01604 624900